Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pc randomely crashing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Soren Johnson

Soren Johnson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:51 AM

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. First off, I recently bought an asus h61 m-e motherboard, a second-hand core i5 3470 and an astrum power 450 psu (which I was assured was 450 W, but the casing said '210 W max output,' together with 2gb ddr3 ram I had with a previous mobo. Anyway, I assembled it the other day, and whenever I play a game up to a certain point or just boot up the pc for a couple seconds, the pc will lock up, freeze and multi-coloured lines appear on the screen with a loudish static-like buzz coming from the speakers. For now I'm only running the pc with the integrated gpu of the i5. I'm not sure what the problem could be, since I took the ram card and put it in the other slot, checked my internal connections etc. But strangely, when I took it to a computer store to have it checked, It didn't freeze, playing well past the point in the particular video game (splinter cell double agent,) where it normally crashed. The only different thing at the store was the the cover was removed and they connected a different dvd rom since myn was faulty. Oh, and no speakers were connected to the pc. I'd really like some suggestions as to what the problem could be. Thanx in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users