Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound On Firefox Or Ie, Yes Sound On Chrome And Pc (system Sounds)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 EmilyPenguin18

EmilyPenguin18

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:43 AM

Hello.

Yesterday, (9/9/14) I was watching videos on my PC, using FireFox, in the evening I went and had a shower, I got back and without any apparent reason, FireFox stopped producing sound.

I installed Chrome after checking all the basics, and Chrome does have sound, I can watch videos on Chrome with sound.

UPDATE: I dont have sound no more on Chrome, I did this morining... and now I dont

I have tried Youtube, MSN, FilmOn, Facebook (Games and Videos), Game sites, SoundCloud, and there is no sound. I opend IE, and tried the same, and got no sound,

There is sound on my PC, if I open a MP3 in WMP it Plays, Windows system sounds play, Yahoo sounds play, Skype sounds play, I can hear them loud and clear. TheSims 4 plays sound.

I have done the following: Updated Flash, VLC, Java, Shockwaves, QuickTime. Updated FireFox Updated FireFox Pluggins, Followed all steps here: What to do if Firefox won't play any sounds | Firefox Help Updated RelTek,

Uninstalled FireFox, Swiched Default browser from IE to FireFox and Chrome and back again, I have rebooted my PC 50 times, Deleted Internet cache, cookies, history, etc.

I have been to ControlPanel/InternetOptions/Advanced and made sure that "Allow browersers to play sounds" Is checked, I have updated my Graphics Card, and my Sound card.

On the Volume Mixer, (FireFox is no muted and its turned up) When I play a video, It remains blank, There is no movment of sound in the Volume Mixer. (Adobe Flash player is not muted either)

Im using a Razer Kraken 7.1 HeadSet, I have updated its drivers also.

and I cant find an awsner.

Im using WINDOWS 8 Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 Intel i7 4th Gen 8GB RAM

Please help if you know an awnser!! Thanks

Emily

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users