Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck ij diagnostic state =(

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sapphireangel

Sapphireangel

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:29 AM

I decided to factory reset my HP Pavilion dv7. It was going fine, when the recovery as finished my laptop reseted but I noticed that upon restarting it wasn't starting up normal. It started up like if it was in safe mode with big letters and logos, but my problem begins here everytime I restart I get a message saying that it is running on limited diagnostic state to restart. When trying to restart again it gives me another message stating that the installation could not he done to reinstall. I'm just running around in circles doing the same things over and over again. I just can't seem to get it out of diagnostic mode. Can someone please help me please. Oh by the way I do jot have any of the discs for this computer =(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:26 AM

Do the factory re-install again, see what happens. If you have anything plugged into the USB ports, remove them.

#3 Sapphireangel

Sapphireangel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:29 PM

Hi. Thanks for replying back. I have already tried the recovery process numerous times and still nothing. I do not have anything in the usb's 😒

#4 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

Create a bootable Linux distro CD or FD (on another PC of course) and use it to boot the lappy into Linux. You will need to be able to bring up your BIOS so that you can make the optical drive or USB port a bootable drive.

Let us know if Linux boots up.

Create a Live disk ... http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/write-a-cd-dvd-image-or-iso/ .

Linux distro with a small footprint ... http://puppylinux.org/main/Download%20Latest%20Release.htm .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users