Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32k.sys)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 to_the_sun

to_the_sun

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:07 PM

I've been getting this error more and more frequently on my new laptop. The logs created with SF Diagnostic Tool (following the instructions here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/92394-sf-diagnostic-tool-using-troubleshooting.html) are here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eq4a85j2rndwo7t/tothesun.zip?dl=0 (i couldn't attach them because they were too big.)

it always seems to happen while i'm working with Max/MSP and Ableton Live, but that could easily be a coincidence as that's pretty much all i use this computer for.

It may or may not be related, but Max and Ableton themselves have been crashing a lot too. My first thought was that it might be related to a sort of "warning" that's popped up a few times since i got the computer. It comes up randomly in a custom HP window stating basically that the AC adapter/charger (that came with my computer) isn't rated high enough in some manner or another for my computer and that processing power will suffer because of it. Then it lists a url where i can buy the proper HP products they failed to provide me with. Has anyone heard of this issue with HP laptops? Does it sound like it could be the cause of my problems or would you suspect something else?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Edited by to_the_sun, 09 September 2014 - 07:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:11 PM

If your machine is still on guarantee, I suggest you get a screenshot of that battery warning and RMA it back to the manufacturer.

There would be little sense in keeping a machine that is clearly defective, if it's still on guarantee.

All is well in Paradise.

#3 to_the_sun

to_the_sun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:17 PM

Yeah I will next time it comes up, but I haven't seen it in a while. And unfortunately the warranty is up (when i said it was new what i really meant was new to me). It's a little over a year old and i got it in basically new condition.

#4 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:57 PM

OK,

Let's hope that someone here has good suggestions from reading your logs.

All is well in Paradise.

#5 Cobalt006

Cobalt006

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:52 PM

System_ Service_Exception Is most  of the time. Due to a faulty  driver. Video, sound , Eithernet. Can also be caused by a failing video chip or card.

#6 to_the_sun

to_the_sun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:52 PM

The warning about the adapter came up again. Here's a screenshot.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users