Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes just simply don't work?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AnthonyY

AnthonyY

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

Hi, for some reason my mbam.exe always gets an APPCRASH error when I try to use it, even Chameleon doesn't work, the fault module it shows is MSVCR100.dll. Any idea what's causing this?
I also have AVG and Avast, both of which I have set an exception for Mbam folders in Programfiles and Programdata. There was once that when AVG and Avast was scanning for the first time it just hung at a certain number of file and didn't move on past it. I had to close them and reopen them to get it to work again, and consequent scans showed up nothing. Even in safemode and enabled thorough scanning and scanning for rootkits had nothing show up for both Avast and AVG. Mbam worked before for 2 days and then this error showed up.
Tried using a clean copy of the entire mbam directory and renaming Mbam to something else, and nothing worked.
Is it some sort of really nasty trojan or is there something else blocking the Mbam? Shouldnt be conflict because Mbam works for about 2-3 days everytime I do a fresh reinstall with Mbam clean. Also, mbamcheck.exe returns with error whenever I try to run it as well.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AnthonyY

AnthonyY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:55 PM

Forgot to mention, used Rkill and results returned are clean.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,263 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:35 PM

When you're having issues with Malwarebytes, one of the solutions generally suggested by the Help Desk to try first is to uninstall/reinstall with mbam-clean.exe as you have already done.

Since the problem keeps reoccurring, the development team needs to investigate. To do that, they recommend you start a new topic in the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help Forum and report any issues there.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:30 AM

I also have AVG and Avast

Maybe there is a conflict with running two antivirus apps?

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,263 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:31 AM

See the IMPORTANT NOTE about not using more than one anti-virus program in this topic: Choosing an Anti-Virus Program
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users