Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop capability

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 havent_a_clue

havent_a_clue

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:59 PM

Hi ,
I am new to this and do have a question . sorry if it appears daft just a process of ellimination

The question is realistically how many tabs should my laptop be able to handle open before it starts to impact its speed ie lagging on page and general non response (cloudy window syndrome)

I have a emachine E625 rating 3.0 windows experiance
processer AMD Athlon ™processer TF-20 1.60GHz
memory (ram) 3.00GB
32 bit operating system
wimdows vista home basic
I have use internet explorer 9
i use google as my home page

I hope this helps you to answer my question i as you reply as basic terms as possable so not to bamboozle me :smash:

Edit: Moved topic from Windows Server to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

Not really a question that can be answered since the content/display of each web page is different. You would find this out by trial and error. 

That is not a machine with a lot of power so I wouldn't open tons of tabs.

#3 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 14 September 2014 - 03:18 AM

Only thing you could try is check the possible memory upgrades to 4g and buy another 2g and remove the 1g.  http://www.datamemorysystems.com/dms-memory/acer/emachines-e625-203g16mi.htm Then install a 64bit Operating System.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users