Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 8 automatic repair loop!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 brandonmckinnell

brandonmckinnell

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:45 PM

I have a toshiba laptop with windows 8 installed on it.  Getting a infinti loop with automatic repair.  cant get into advance boot options with shift f8 or f11.  I dont have the recovery disc or installation disc.  Need to figure out how to get it to stop looping.   Need help ASAP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:50 PM

Is this an actual Win 8 or 8.1 machine, or is it an older computer that you've upgraded.

In other words, I'm trying to establish if you have a recovery partition on your machine.

All is well in Paradise.

#3 brandonmckinnell

brandonmckinnell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:32 PM

good question.  It was previously a windows 7 machine, and windows 8 was installed.  Im working on it for a person, was just wondering if ill have to access the recovery dics

#4 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

Even though Win 8 can take you to the Recovery Features, it won't be able to do anything major like a system Refresh or an OEM install, as it has no Win 8 recovery partition.

The good news is that it's easy to get into the bios with a Win 7 machine so if you want to boot some Windows media, it'll be easy to do.

I'm not sure if a Win 7 repair disc can get into the options in Win 8, but I think it can, in which case, you could access features like System Restore, or command prompts.

All is well in Paradise.

#5 Cobalt006

Cobalt006

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:12 PM

If you are looking to do a factory reinstall of the orignal OS. 

How to restore your Toshiba laptop to its factory fresh software condition using system recovery

#6 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:16 PM

The suggestion above might turn out to be your only option and if it is, don't forget that you'll have to back up all the user's data.

Additionally, bear in mind that it will be restored back to Win 7 and you'd still have to do the Win 8 upgrade after.

All is well in Paradise.

#7 brandonmckinnell

brandonmckinnell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:39 PM

Thanks buddhays!

#8 muzramp

muzramp

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:32 PM

You could always download a Window 8 disc, and use that to restore Windows elimnating the need to install 7 then 8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users