Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Precision 370 Workstation Remodel/Upgrade Project?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 J1806

J1806

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:34 AM

Just wondering if anyone has taken these old workstations and upgraded or remodeled them into a machine running Windows 7 professional? 

I inherited a couple as projects and I am wondering after I wipe the hard drives, what would be the best image to deploy?

They both currently have 4G of memory, and a Pentium 4 3.80 CPU.

I want to keep the cost to a minimum.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aerys

Aerys

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:38 PM

If you wanted to go the free route, you could use a flavor of Linux, and there are even images specifically meant for machines with older specs. With 4BG of RAM and that Pentium, I think you would be fine running Win7, maybe you could just try one out and see how it goes.

He said the same thing he had been saying for hours... "burn them all".

-Jaime Lannister

Feel free to add me on Skype for help or to chat; lolballinn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users