Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Most efficient way to install 2x2Gb / 2x1GB RAM sticks into MB

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stutts

stutts

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:06 AM

Hi,

I have a W7pro x64 PC and already have 2x2GB in the first two motherboard RAM slots.

2GB RAM sticks are expensive (again) at the moment but 1GB sticks are very cheap so I bought two on Oz (Australian) e-bay.

Which would be the best way to install them for max efficiency 2 / 1 / 2 / 1 --- 2 / 2 / 1 / 1 --- 1 / 2 / 1 / 2 --- 1 / 1 / 2 / 2 or it doesn't matter?

They are all DDR3 - 1333

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roblox

Roblox

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:46 AM

2 / 2 / 1 / 1

Best way you can do it.

#3 stutts

stutts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:00 PM

Just for my own PC knowledge improvement, what is the reasoning behind that choice ?

#4 Roblox

Roblox

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:04 PM

The system will be using the 2x 2GB sticks first meaning that your 1GB sticks are not overloaded with the data and do a good job working with the 2GB sticks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users