Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

please, advice needed for triple channel ddr3 ram

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:52 AM

good afternoon to all

please, i am looking to buy a triple channel ddr3 ram kit for my pc but i really don't know if the differences between the follows ram kits are noticeable

patriot extreme performance viper series pc3 12800 euros 29

apacer giant 2 pc 12800 x58 euros 29

crucial ballistix tracer blue pc3 10600 euros 29.50

i know that my little celeron g530 can run ram at only at 1050 mhz so i do not expect a major difference  from the corsair value 4 gb ram ddr3 i run for the time being

os windows xp pro sp3

multitrack recording and editing, video edit and rendering, bryce 3d

i am considering to buy a better cpu something like the intel g2030 socket 1155 for just euros 45 since my budget is limited

i wish i could buy an i3 or an i5....

many thanks in advance 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,157 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

Socket 1155 motherboards and CPU's do not support triple channel memory.  It would be dual channel kits that you want.  If you have 4Gb of DDR3 already, and you're running XP then my suggestion would be to save your money.  Changing memory to a higher speed type would yield little in the way of performance gains.  Put the money towards a CPU upgrade.

7sbvuf-6.png

#3 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:59 AM

good afternoon from me dear onuk76

i thank you very much for your kind reply

yes, i know that socket 1155 motherboards cannot see any triple channel ram, although it can run easily a dual channel

sorry if i didn't clear it on my post that the ram i am looking to buy is not for any triple channel but to be used as dual channel ram and for some better performance on my asus p8h61m-le motherboard with a better cpu like the intel g2030

the reason i am looking to buy a triple channel ddr3 ram kit is only because of the cheap price 

thanks again for your kind reply

#4 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:34 AM

Triple channel kits are sets of 3 DIMMs which is not ideal for a dual channel motherboard.  If they are cheap, perhaps they are kits they are struggling to sell (in an unpopular size, like sets of 3 x 1Gb DIMMs)?

It's possible your memory already installed is capable of a higher speed than 1066 mhz anyway.  From my memory anyway, this speed of DDR3 was rarely sold.  DDR3 at 1333mhz is/was far more common.  If you can publish a snapshot using Speccy, this will give us more information about your memory currently installed.

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

1. In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  2. In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  3. Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

Note: The published profile will use the same language and temperature settings (Imperial or Metric) as your Speccy installation.

7sbvuf-6.png

#5 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:59 AM

good afternoon from me dear jonuk76

i thank you again for your kind reply and i full y understand what you mean

my ddr3 ram is corsair value ram 4 gb (one dimm)

my celeron run the memory at only 1050 mhz and not to 1333 mhz and this is because of the limitation of the celeron's chip

please, don't bother any more since i am thinking to keep my corasir ram ... for the moment

thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users