Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

android help,where to go?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 painfullregistry

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:40 PM

There are a multitude of android forums to help with fixes,so if I were posting hear,I would post on a few of those too,this forum will build over time,but looks like an orphan child right now. I signed up to learn diferent thing,but will help out when I can.

The first place to get help,is to download your user manual and keep it close by. Now one of the first apps I would download is "es file explorer manager" but you may need to look for online articles to use all its tricks. Now if you do not have a Google account,then signup soon,using chrome browser just goes naturally with a user account and will back up most of your important stuff,in case you need to do a factory reset. Navigate to every nook and crany of your phones settings,and knowing where to go when something bad happens. Know how to do a reset and how to put your phone in safe mode. This knowledge will come in handy if you are infected with malware. Back up everything you can,and keep it current. Putting phone into safe mode will start phone without third party apps firing up at start. This process varys a lot so look it up. On jellybeen you can hold down power till window opens then touch and hold the off box,and a new window opens asking if you want to enter safe mode. This will allow you to uninstall any rouge apps that are causing you problems. After that,just reboot. Usually by holding power button down and selecting power off,then simply power back on for reboot. There are other ways to reboot,like holding down power and volume down at the same time to open a window with that option,but the phone needs to be off to do that,but is different for many phones,so find the process for yours and be careful.

Next,is the user interface,YOU! Practice safe browsing and learn about phishing,and malvertizing. Driveby downloads are happening to android devices more often now,and rogue advertisers are causing the same problems as desk top and laptops. But unrooted phones can not block advertising. This creates a certain vulnerability for unrooted android users. So education is your best defense and use apps like password managers,that do not connect online ever. So good luck and safe browsing. And find some good internet security websites,because they have many answers to device infections. Have fun!

Edited by painfullregistry, 08 September 2014 - 11:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users