Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 not loading, just shows desktop wallpaper.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jaxonjaxoff

jaxonjaxoff

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:00 PM

So I bought a Shaw GT-Gaming-Three PC second hand from a seller. It came preloaded with Windows 7. Yesterday when I booted it up it asked me to click on user 'Jimmy'. From here the desktop opened and I was ableto connect to the internet and install 'Origin' to play the The Sims 4, and I sucessfully downloaded and played the game all last night.

Today when I turned the computer on, I hear the windows charms, but it only opens to the desktop wallpaper, and a white cursor and i can't do anything else. (I cant see a windows tool bar, start key, or desktop icons)

When I restart in safemode, I am able to see the desktop with all the normal icons, but when I restart, the same thing happens and I am not able to do anything.

Can anybody help? The previous owner of the computer says he hasnt seen this before and isn't being very helpful in solving the problem.

Does anyone know how I can fix the problem? I only bought the computer to play games, and i've only ever has Mac's so I'm really stumped here.

The below picture is all that happens when I restart (desktop wallpaper image and a white cursor)

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:34 PM

For now, you could hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and open the task manager, then hit Files and New Task (run) and navigate to Explorer to get it running.

From there, you may be able to figure out what's going on.

Malware? Virus? Too many background processes, etc.

All is well in Paradise.

#3 jaxonjaxoff

jaxonjaxoff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:45 PM

rockysosua, when i enter CTRL-ALT-DELETE, the screen just goes black and the white cursor remains, unless I press enter or escape, where is simple goes back to the colouredimage. I havent been able to get to task manager. I have also been restarting in safemode and using msconfig to do selective startup but still havent been able to solve the problem. Anything else I can do?

#4 jaxonjaxoff

jaxonjaxoff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:21 PM

I let my PC go to sleep, that was about 45 mins of the screen sitting on the desktop image. When I came back, and moved the mouse, it loaded back to the deskstop screen with everythinglike normal... does anyone know why this happned? Scaredtoturn the computer off now in case it happens again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users