Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Cannot Connect To My Internet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 garshu

garshu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 07 June 2006 - 12:10 AM

I have no idea what is wrong with my connection. My desktop computer cannot seem to connect to the internet. Every other computer in my house works fine but my desktop is acting like the devil. I tried wireless and it doesn't work. I ran Norton, Ewido, Spybot and adaware. Anyone got anything else it might be or any help on what might cause this. I tried a few other things but at the moment I can't think of them. Thank you in advance.

-Garshu-

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:06 PM

if you have removed some spyware or are still infected, perhaps you are feewling the effects of winsock damage, this can prevent you from getting online. try this link and dl and run it..
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

another thing you can check, using the KISS method (keep it simple stupid) lol, is the cable, are you getting any lights on the back of the pc where the nic is plugged in?
is your nic disabled?
network places>view network connections>local area connection enabled or disabled?
try this, and post back a reply to let us know how you made out.
dave
Google...Google.....browse..read

#3 orj78

orj78

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 20 June 2006 - 03:23 PM

i tried out your suggestion. it's working!!!! thanks a lot!!!!

#4 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 20 June 2006 - 05:29 PM

sweet! good job, your welcome.
dave
Google...Google.....browse..read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users