Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

An error (possibly registry related)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bellzemos

Bellzemos

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:32 PM

Hello!

I tried to play a game mod for a classic old game Diablo. I can play the game without problems on my i7, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 x64 computer but when I run the mod in question I get this error:

untitled.jpg

I asked about it on the game mod's forums and it was suggested to me to run one of those "PC spead up/registry fixing" programs but I don't think that's a good idea. The game mod in question runs on my other computer and this one is fine otherwise, everything works as it should. How can I troubleshoot the problem in question and fix it?

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,864 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:56 PM

You might take a look and see what versions of MS.NET are installed on the working system...and install same on the system with the hiccup.

Louis

#3 Bellzemos

Bellzemos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:07 PM

I'm not sure if that's what I should be looking at - I have these installed:

r.jpg

If MS.NET is something else please point me to where and how can I check what I have installed and what I need.

Thank you!

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:43 PM

Check .NET frameworks versions by Contorl Panel - Windows Update - View Installed updates as suggested by Hamluis.

Tekken

#5 Bellzemos

Bellzemos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:35 PM

Here they are:

untitled.jpg

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:17 PM

I don't game mods so would have to wait for further suggestions from the community members or staff. :) So far everything looks fine so it must be within the game components itself. http://www.diablowiki.net/Mod This would be a good start...

Tekken

#7 Bellzemos

Bellzemos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:04 PM

So my PC is fine then? At least that. :)

The mod in question is this:

http://mod.diablo1.eu.org/

I'm asking them on the forums too and they are trying to help but to no avail so far:

http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/can-not-start-the-game-t763-15.html

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,864 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:25 AM

I'm not a gamer either...but games require a specific version of MS.NET because that version was used in developing the game.

Generally...the prerequisites for running the game are stated by the developer on his webpage.

The fact that a given application appears to be installed...has nothing to do with the possibility that said application may be damaged.  Uninstalling/reinstalling is the only way that I know of to retrospectively be able to say that a given app was damaged or not.

Louis

#9 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:06 PM

The patches might also not be compatible as they are declared unofficial or Beta version release. There seems to also not have much available information on Diablo requirements on newer system but some tweakings as suggested here posted last 2011.

Tekken

#10 Bellzemos

Bellzemos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:08 PM

On the game mod's forum I was suggested that I was missing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable. I've installed it (downloaded it from the Microsoft website) and - voila - the mod works!

Should I install the the security updates too? Or will Windows Update take care of that?

Anyway, thank you both for your help too! :)

#11 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:22 PM

Glad your good to go now. Thanks for the update. :thumbup2:

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users