Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple issues after motherboard replacement

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kajv

kajv

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:29 PM

I have multiple issues with my HP Pavilion m4-1012tx Notebook PC. I purchased it on 24 Dec 2013 and it is still under warranty.

A few weeks earlier, the laptop stopped powering up. I called HP support and they sent an engineer to replace the motherboard for free. The engineer checked the keyboard, WiFi, etc. and they were all working fine immediately after replacement.

1) The keyboard problem:

An hour or so later, the F2 key began to malfunction - either it was constantly pressed, lowering the brightness to a minimum, or it would not respond at all on pressing. After fiddling with the keyboard for a while I found other strange problems - the Shift key, the 'c' key and the comma key all worked independently, but Shift + c and Shift + comma did not work.

I called HP support again. They asked me to go to BIOS and press all the keys one by one. All the keys produced beeps, including the ones that were malfunctioning. They said this meant it was NOT a hardware issue, and they made me do a power drain and reset the BIOS settings to 'default'. This solution worked temporarily and all the keys began to work normally. They also said that if the problem resurfaces, I should simply follow the same steps again.

The problem did resurface, at least 4-5 days in a week. I kept following the steps and solving the issue again and again. Now, that solution does not work anymore. My F2 key has stopped responding completely, and the Shift + c (I have to use CAPS lock) and Shift + comma issues are back.

2) WiFi and Bluetooth:

After the motherboard replacement, neither WiFi nor Bluetooth works properly anymore. They both do get switched on, but they cannot detect/connect to any other network/device.

Bluetooth gets switched on but cannot detect any other devices, nor can it be detected. I have tried connecting to Bluetooth many times from other devices which have no such issues otherwise.

I cannot detect any WiFi networks which other devices can detect with no problem. Even setting up a hotspot with connectify does not work - other devices cannot find the hotspot.

I have tried reinstalling these drivers -

sp61151.exe: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-116957-1&cc=in&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4132&product=5389981&sw_lang=

sp64950.exe: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-127448-1&cc=in&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4132&product=5389981&sw_lang=

But they do not fix the problem.

I am highly frustrated. Please suggest solutions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users