Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Um...oops?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ICYcold

ICYcold

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:46 PM

I was following the page you said where you run Adware SE restart rescan do spybot and all that. I scanned and restarted and now my whole desktop is missing no toolbar no task bar no shortcuts just the image and Adware SE opened. Im lucky that Adware did open because it lead me to the internet which i redirected here.

what happend? and how can i fix this and continue with cleaning of the computer?

oh yeah and right clicking on the desktop doesnt bring up anything, but i can still do ctrl+alt+delete and bring up the taskbar.

Edited by ICYcold, 07 June 2006 - 12:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bbmania

Bbmania

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:10 AM

i had this problem too. I've pressed ctrl+alt+del and i closed a program from the process and it worked...but i don't remember it's name. anyway you should figured out by his name

#3 ICYcold

ICYcold
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:56 AM

hahaha...i didnt do that...i just waited after reading something about another diff. solution that had no relation to mine about starting in safe mode, did that and did a system restore. The only problem was the only date i could restore to was about 4:30 this afternoon, so i still have pretty much everything i had in the beginning

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:39 AM

Hello ICYcold

It appears your saying the desktop is back to normal. Is that correct?

i still have pretty much everything i had in the beginning

Could you tell us what you had?

What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? Exactly had directions were you following when everything disappeared from your desktop.

Edit: I see you have posted a hijackthis log here. Please do NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, delete files and other items on your own, etc.) unless advised by a HJT Team member. Doing so can result in system changes which can complicate the malware removal process.

Edited by quietman7, 07 June 2006 - 07:48 AM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 Bbmania

Bbmania

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:44 AM

when i've had that problem i've tried to make a system restore but it didn't work. Anyway i'm happy for you ;)

Edited by Bbmania, 07 June 2006 - 09:46 AM.

#6 ICYcold

ICYcold
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:48 PM

Alright I'll wait till it gets resolved or anything instructed over in the HJT thread. Thanks for the warning and help:)

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:53 PM

Your welcome and good luck. :thumbsup:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif