Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Same Thing Diff Day

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:24 PM

Heres the deal. I'm doing some work for a friend of mine. His computer shut down unexpectedly one night and he got no reponse from it the next day. So I told him to replace the PSU and now the lights come on but it still will not boot up. The fan comes on and all just no POST or anything. I doubt it has anything to do w/ the new PSU

It is a eMachines T2895

Edit: Also ever since adding the new PSU the computer will only turn on when the switch on the PSU is turned on but the front switch does nothing. (IE: you plug it up flip the PSU switch and the lights come on and when you try to turn it off the front button does not work)

Edited by BlackSpyder, 07 June 2006 - 05:58 PM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 10:04 PM

I have had to replace a couple of power supplies in the eMachines, some of them require a special PSU, it is best to find a listing that shows it is compatible with that model as in this link.

http://www.power-on.com/atx12vem300bt.html

You can't always just go buy any ATX PSU and have it work, sometimes it will. But if you aren't sure what to look for, it is safer when you see your computer model listed, as in the site above. Ebay is a good place to find eMachine psu's also.

Also, it is very possible that the motherboard is fried, you have to be sure the cost is worth it. It's best if you have parts to exchange for testing, so you don't buy parts you don't need.

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:02 AM

If you have a spare video card and RAM try that.

Edited by acklan, 21 June 2006 - 12:02 AM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 Aljaud

Aljaud

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:53 AM

I have a very similar problem, comp worked fine for probably almost a year then just restarted itself and wouldnt boot. Replaced mobo, and still nothing..I was thinking it was the CPU but it might be the PSU....not sure.

#5 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2006 - 06:06 AM

Sure you connected the 4 pin power slow by the porcessor, I made that mistake and took me a week to figure it out on one of my schools computers. Same thing was happening to it, I replaced the Motherboard+CPU, pluged in everything but the PSU didn't have that 4 pin slot, I though I wouldn't need it sicnce the previous Motherboard worked fine without that 4 pin slot pluged in and it was just a slightly older model.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users