Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Webwatcher Removal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Calaxer

Calaxer

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:43 PM

So I have a Lenovo IdeaPad u510 that I am currently using that has Webwatcher manually installed on it. I hear that Webwatcher is a pretty nasty keylogger to remove so if you guys have any suggestions or tutorials it would be greatly appreciated.

Upon hitting "Ctrl+Alt+CapsLock" I get this window:

53b5c4360a84142928f2112cee1e39d2.png

Then on task manager:

cdb2e2f36a51a589cd3626f03847c2fd.png

Right Click Search Online:

9fa3cb8615c867f75c57ed98802d54f5.png

Specs:

Lenovo u510

Norton 360 Anti-Virus

Malwarebytes Premium

I have tried countless programs like an older version Spybot, MBAM, YAC, Norton, Norton Power Eraser. And have had absolutely no luck. I have also loaded Linux and tried to manually search for any suspicious files in System32 and the Program files.

I haven't tried RegEdit because I am not familiar with how to use it correctly.

Please Help!

Edited by Calaxer, 07 September 2014 - 02:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:57 PM

The situation is between you and your parent(s). I suggest you speak with your mother.

#3 Calaxer

Calaxer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:23 PM

The situation is between you and your parent(s). I suggest you speak with your mother.

I am seeking technical help not your advice on my family...

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,643 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:43 PM

Understood. And I'm saying it is contrary to the rules of most reputable support forums to tell someone how to circumvent limitations or restrictions implemented by his or her family or company management. Sorry.

Edited by Allan, 07 September 2014 - 03:16 PM.

#5 Calaxer

Calaxer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:40 PM

Understood. And I'm saying it is contrary to the rules of most reputable support forums to tell someone how to circumvent limitations or restrictions implemented by his or her family or company management. Sorry.

I am not trying to "circumvent" any rules or policies.. It is on a computer that I have purchased and I currently reside elsewhere than my parents. I doubt my mother has checked the logs in a year... I just want to remove it from my computer because I am sure that it is slowing it down, and I also don't want this company collecting my information...

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,643 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:41 PM

I understand. As I said, most reputable forums will not help you do that. Again, sorry.

Edited by Allan, 07 September 2014 - 03:41 PM.

#7 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

Understood, but what Allan is telling you is that it's against the rules to answer your question in this forum.

All is well in Paradise.

#8 Calaxer

Calaxer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

I understand. As I said, most reputable forums will not help you do that. Again, sorry.

So your telling me you can't help me remove a bona-fide virus from my computer... That makes this forum seem less reputable to me...

#9 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

It's not a virus. per se.

You may perceive it that way if you don't want it on your computer, but it is in fact a legitimate program that has been deliberately installed.

All is well in Paradise.

#10 Calaxer

Calaxer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:49 PM

It's not a virus. per se.

You may perceive it that way if you don't want it on your computer, but it is in fact a legitimate program that has been deliberately installed.

Oh but it is classified as a virus under the many different reputable Anti-Virus programs. Yet they are not reputable enough to remove them....

#11 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,643 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:52 PM

Your argument isn't going to stand up here. It is not a virus and you know it. Sorry, but we cannot help.

#12 Calaxer

Calaxer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:52 PM

Your argument isn't going to stand up here. It is not a virus and you know it. Sorry, but we cannot help.

04e721d9398c61f5d96d3b9f1e657780.png

#13 Calaxer

Calaxer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:57 PM

What is a computer virus?

Computer viruses are small software programs that are designed to spread from one computer to another and to interfere with computer operation.

-Micorsoft

Webwatcher is a small software program that is designed to spread from one computer to another and to interfere with computer operation....

It is clearly defined as a virus...

#14 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:00 PM

What you just pasted in doesn't call it a virus. It is referred to as a "System Snooper".

Any program that has a purpose for the user that is voluntarily installed, wouldn't be called a virus.

I think that Allan has made it clear that it's against this website's policies, to give removal instructions for such a program.

There's no sense in getting upset over it.

You're free to look elsewhere to accomplish your goals.

All is well in Paradise.

#15 Calaxer

Calaxer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

What you just pasted in doesn't call it a virus. It is referred to as a "System Snooper".

Any program that has a purpose for the user that is voluntarily installed, wouldn't be called a virus.

I think that Allan has made it clear that it's against this website's policies, to give removal instructions for such a program.

There's no sense in getting upset over it.

You're free to look elsewhere to accomplish your goals.

You can't voluntarily install a virus? Hmm, I think that there was a Guinness World Record for users voluntarily downloading a virus. After re-reading the rules I see nothing that makes my situation invalid of help...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users