Is the Toshiba still under warranty? There is a possibility of defective hardware.
If the Computer is under warranty, call Toshiba Tech support.
If not run a memory test or run it anyway.
This was created by one of our Advisors, keyboardNinja.
***** A. If you have more than one RAM module installed, try starting computer with one RAM stick at a time.
NOTE Keep in mind, the manual check listed above is always superior to the software check, listed below. DO NOT proceed with memtest, if you can go with option A
B. If you have only one RAM stick installed...
1. Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)
2. Unzip downloaded memtest86+-....iso.zip file.
3. Inside, you'll find memtest86+-....iso file.
4. Download, and install ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/
5. Insert blank CD into your CD drive.
6. Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc
7. Click on Browse for a file... icon:
8. Locate memtest86+-....iso file, and click Open button.
9. Click on ImgBurn green arrow to start burning bootable memtest86 CD:
10. Once the CD is created, boot from it, and memtest will automatically start to run.
The running program will look something like this depending on the size and number of ram modules installed:
It's recommended to run 5-6 passes. Each pass contains very same 8 tests.
This will show the progress of the test. It can take a while. Be patient, or leave it running overnight.
The following image is the test results area: there will be red lines shown on the screen when errors detected.
Like this :
The most important item here is the “errors” line. If you see ANY errors, even one, most likely, you have bad RAM.
If You see any errors that is most likely the source of Your problem.