Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unable to download programs or videos

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bigdogbill119

bigdogbill119

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:32 AM

When trying to download program I receive NSIS Error which states; Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy. 

More information at: http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error

When I try to watch a video it will not play.Can anyone help? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Hedged

Hedged

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:10 AM

I had this issue once before, and it turned out to be the download accelerator I was using. I tried several different accelerators before giving up with them. By the time I did though, my anti-malware/virus software was having a field day with the junk I'd unknowlingly shoved on my pc.

If it's a program you're trying to download, have you tried to check that your anti-virus software isn't blocking it? Between my browser (Chrome) and AVG, it find it almost impossible to download an .exe file without going around the mountains.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:06 AM

...or try using the native Windows Installer.

Louis

#4 bigdogbill119

bigdogbill119
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:34 PM

Native windows installer? Not sure what that is. I am using avast not only on this computer but another. that has no problem downloading or viewing videos. this machine had no problem until a few days ago. ran the file check by avast before windows. I may have inadvertly deleted a file or group of files from windows. how can i know if i did.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:25 PM

Please...read the description of what NSIS is, http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page .

The error page that you linked relates to a non-native Windows installer, typically used by those who develop programs.  It is not the native Windows installer that comes with any version of Windows.

My assumption was...that you had installed this program on your system.  Is that an accurate presumption?  If not, I fail to see why you would receive an error referencing said program.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users