Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop battery always at 100%, doesn't charge at all

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HackedBotato

HackedBotato

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:31 PM

My laptop seems to be completely out of charge, and the only way to use it is to plug it in. If it becomes unplugged, then it immediately shuts off. I am running Windows 8 Pro on a Samsung Series 9 Notebook (P900X3B). It is not a fresh installation of Windows, it was updated from Windows 7.

The battery indicator in Windows 8 states that the battery is at full charge, but it really isn't. I can't remove the battery because it is built into the laptop. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks, HB

Edited by HackedBotato, 07 September 2014 - 09:28 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:15 AM

Hi -

Samsung does make some sacrifices in order to keep the Series 9 so thin and light. The battery, memory, and solid state disk are not user replaceable.

They’re sealed up inside the laptop case, and while you might be able to remove some components and replace them by performing minor surgery on the notebook, you’ll probably void your warranty in the process.

About all I can find .........................

See Series 8 >> Samsung ATIV Book 8 Review and scroll down to Battery life -

Is this yours ?? Or do you mean the Series 9 ??

Edited by noknojon, 07 September 2014 - 04:35 AM.

#3 HackedBotato

HackedBotato
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:27 AM

My laptop is more like this: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Series-NP900X3B-A01US-13-3-Inch-Laptop/dp/B006KYY15A

Sorry, I meant Series 9. My bad.

EDIT: It seems to be working now, charging at 3%. I will see how it goes.

EDIT 2: Works normally now. Thanks for your support!

Edited by HackedBotato, 07 September 2014 - 08:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users