Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Two "Junk" Folders in Windows Live Mail app

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OneCassie

OneCassie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:24 PM

I am OneCassie posting my first question; I am a senior lady, so not always quick as I use to be.  HA!!  HA!!

I am on a DELL Desktop running Windows 8.1  -  new in April, 2014.  Still finding my way thru Windows 8.1 after ten years of XP.

I have two "Junk" Folders in Windows Live Mail app and cannot delete the second one.  Manage Folders option does not list delete option when opened for that folder.  Click on the "Junk" Folder, it starts searching [nothing listed as in it] and it will just keep searching.  This app was on my DELL at the beginning with just one Junk Folder.

I prefer my Outlook.com mail that I have and  have  had for several years on my previous HP running Windows XP;  then Microsoft "switched" me to Live Mail.  I have an Icon on my Desktop for Outlook and all works just fine.  If I am reading correctly, recently Microsoft states it is upgrading Live Mail users to Outlook . . .  Does this mean I can [simply] uninstall/remove Live Mail app from my computer?  Or, is there a "repair" for this issue?

Also,  I recently uninstalled Norton 360 and my current and only AV is Spybot.   I used it for several years on my HP - the Free edition; now I have purchased their upgraded edition.  This DELL came with McAfee on it and I uninstalled it when I installed Norton.  I think Norton was doing some "goofy" things, ie; shutting off my Windows Firewall and not turning on theirs - that can be bad news!!    Would I be better served by using Windows Defender and uninstalling Spybot or [if possible] turn off Spybot's AV and just using their "live Protection" Spyware function?  I am not familiar with Windows Defender and, apparently cannot turn it on until I remove Spybot.

Thank you for any assistance you can give me.

C J

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users