Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 and CCC not detecting second monitor

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 smithm7861

smithm7861

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:48 PM

I recently just bought a new pc and I am having issues with using dual monitors. 

PC INFO:

I have Windows 7 Home Premium and a AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB graphics card. It is suppose to support up to 3 monitors at one time. It has a Display port, HDMI port, and two DVI ports (1 DVI-I Dual Link and 1 DVI-D Dual Link). 

I am using both DVI ports at the moment and I am using standard DVI-D Single Link cables as it shows they are compatible with both dual link DVI-D and DVI-I ports. I have a 22 in wide screen hanngs monitor and a smaller 19 in princeton monitor.

My two monitors are different sizes, but both have a DVI-I dual link port and both are set to use a digital signal. I used the AMD Driver Detector to get the newest drivers and updates to the Catalyst Control Center(CCC). I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver a couple times with no success.

This is what the AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB card looks like:

http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow_viewer/0,3253,l=320681&a=318900&po=2,00.asp 

PROBLEM:

When I start windows both screens display the windows starting screen. When I get to the blue splash screen the bigger monitor goes to sleep and says it doesn't detect any signal. My other monitor works just fine. I tried using windows and ccc to detect my second monitor, but neither could find it. 

I then tried booting into safe mode. When in safe mode CCC is not active and both monitors display a mirror image of the desktop. When in safe mode I have tried to detect both monitors, but windows only detects one monitor even though both monitors are displaying the same images.

When I uninstalled CCC in normal windows I was able to have the same effect with the mirror desktop. As soon as I reinstalled CCC and restarted Windows I was back to having my bigger monitor falling asleep at the splash screen. 

I have tried both ports and both cables for each monitor and have tried each monitor by themselves. My big monitor always goes to sleep reguardless of which port and cable and if it is plugged in by itself it does it too. So I am assuming the problem is my big monitor. 

I am not sure what to do at this point any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by smithm7861, 06 September 2014 - 04:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users