Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random shutdowns, hard drive failure?! I need opinions.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 panthera0404

panthera0404

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:45 PM

here is  the situation. A friend has changed the CMOS battery, then at boot of Windows 7 gets a BSOD.
he made clear cmos, same thing.
Repair Windows 7 does not help, it is stuck at "checking hard drive"
I installed him a new Windows 7, although. Installation takes an unusually long time, but i did not suspect anything then.
After installing Windows, when installing the drivers for Radeon R9 computer shuts down. I turn it on, booting Windows is slow, generally windows and applications are booting slowly.
I placed the computer horizontally and then suddenly no problem booting into Windows, fast, no problems. Again i put it in normal position and it shuts down again. Booting windows after that stuck at startup screen. I put it horizontally, reset it, and it boots up normally.
Again in normal position shuts down after few minutes, and in horizontal position it works flawlessly.
Last test i open up wikipedia in horizontal position, quickly clicking links, it is fast, everything as it should be.
Putting back in normal position pages loads slowly, hard disk is constantly loading something.
Checking the disk for errors reveals nothing.
Is HDD dieing or maybe is PSU trouble?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users