Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with browser problems

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Killaheala

Killaheala

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:30 PM

Hello everyone, im new to the forums and mostly of the times i never ask directly but try to find solutions, and thats what i was trying to do for at least 2 weeks, i will be really happy if i can solve my problem now.

Im a really big fan of pokemon, so i always check the sites related to it, 1 in special: http://www.pokemon.com/es/pokedex/, but someday like 1 month ago, i couldnt see it correctly, it was something like this:

http://postimg.org/image/konu777ot/

Im not an expertise in computers and software but i knew thats wrong, i decided to leave it alone for some days, then i cameback and still the same problem, so i decided to check forums and nothing helps, 1 day i decided to join Firefox forums since that was my browser in that time, and for my surprise i couldnt see the mozilla firefox page either, this is how i see it:

http://postimg.org/image/8y54w2xrv/

So i started to worry for real, i tried really hard to solve this everynight after job, but i couldnt at all, in the firefox forums they told me "try other browsers" so i decided to install Chrome, same problem, then Opera, same problem, Internet Explorer, same problem, the same problem in the same pages, in all browsers.

A friend told me yesterday, lets format the pc and everything will be clean and bla bla also you will use the new windows 8 and its nice, i was using Windows 7 Ultimate, so i accepted, today we did it, its like a new pc with windows 8 and funny stuff, all my files were deleted, i made recovery for some files (wich are in a USB) and i decided to check if the problem was solved, and the problem is still there.

I dont know if this is a hardware problem or something, but even with a new windows i still cant see those pages, and now i cant download firefox, im using chrome, it just dont let me download it, it always says "this page cant be found" in many languages i tried,

Maybe someone had this problem before and can help me? i will be really happy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Killaheala

Killaheala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:38 PM

Nobody have ideas about this? :(

#3 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:01 PM

I work on computers, day in, day out, and I've never seen anything like what you describe.

If I knew or could even guess what is wrong, I'd be typing away at this very moment.

All is well in Paradise.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:05 PM

If you can't download anything...how did Google Chrome become your browser?

Louis

#5 Killaheala

Killaheala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:37 PM

If you can't download anything...how did Google Chrome become your browser?

Louis

I specified "i cant download firefox, i tried in many languajes" only firefox, its the only browser i cant download, because as you can see in the images, everytime i try to see the web page of firefox in AN OTHER BROWSER i see in that way, a friend of mine told me to install Windows XP an old version, and see if i still have the same problem, you think this may help?

#6 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:10 PM

What is the make and model of your machine.

It's possible that your computer is a bit on the old side and not suitable for Windows 8.

All is well in Paradise.

#7 Killaheala

Killaheala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:42 PM

What is the make and model of your machine.

It's possible that your computer is a bit on the old side and not suitable for Windows 8.

Intel Core i3 - 2120 3.30 GHz

RAM 8GB

As i said also, this problem started when i was using windows 7, even after i deleted everything and start to use windows 8 i still have the same problem.

#8 hedgeley

hedgeley

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:49 AM

Hi Killaheala,

I can duplicate the problem (as per your screen shots) but I have to alter the view in my browser settings (opera) from author mode to user mode,

it also only works on one tab at a time (other wise its settings-view-style-user mode again)

hope this might help (not sure why it would do this on 2 different OS's)

Good luck

Hedge 

#9 Hedged

Hedged

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:09 AM

There are several possible issues I could suggest from my own past experiences.

First, the potential for connection issues. I'm no genius in the field of connections... But in the past I've had very slow internet connections, or programs and sources blocking certain ports. I checked the website that you're referring to, and I've noticed there are a lot of elements, which can put pressure on slower connections. The majority of browsers can 'give up' trying to load pages if the connections aren't up to par, which can result in broken pages just like the one you're seeing. I noticed this most when I used a 3mbps dongle for connection, but I also experienced it on some sites with my old phone-line based copper wire connection. If you're not using a broadband or fiber optic, you should ensure that you're getting a good enough speed for the 'modern day' websites.

Second, on one occasion, I had ad blockers and firewalls that often mistook images for adverts and threats, and it almost blocked entire webpages from being viewed. If you have any of these installed, try checking them to see if they're causing any issues.

I'm pretty certain it's not caused by the OS you're using. There's also potential that your ISP may have blocked a port that is required for proper viewing. I'm not experienced enough to go into detail about the possibility, but it is something that happened to me several times with my old ISP.

Edited by Hedged, 08 September 2014 - 05:13 AM.

#10 Killaheala

Killaheala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:35 AM

@hedgeley, i remember i updated plugins and joined in firefox safe mode when i was using windows 7 just when my problem started, but didnt help.

@ Hedged, is not a connection problem, i can download a 2 hours movie in 10 mins or less, the rest of web pages, even loaded with tons of craps load fast as always, but this pages are really weird on my pc, even if i change to another windows.

In my country (peru) we have only 2 ISP, Telefonica and Claro, i really dont think thats a problem.

Malfunctioning hardware can do this? i started to think this has nothing to do with the software or the OS but a hardware problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users