Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Finally Hackers do something good!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,283 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:27 PM

Publish nude pictures of Kate Upton LOL!

No really, I have not even looked at ANY of these illegal? pics. but I thought I would try to inject some humor here.  So much techie stuff sometimes is not good for the soul.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,282 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:22 AM

Odds are if you go looking for said pictures you will end up with more than you expected.    This article is dated, but the idea is the same.

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,283 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

yeah good advice!

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#4 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:34 PM

The truth is those hackers did not need to actually get the pictures, merely say they have them. With even just suspicion of the pictures being out in the open unpleasant people will pay money to see such things. I would think that there will soon be a deluge of spam claiming to be showing those pictures, just to trick computer users into following links to infected pages. At which point the hackers responsible for this nasty mess might be able to get more private data with which to entice others into their traps. This of course doesn't answer why the celebrities took the photos in the first place, and why anyone would want to invade privacy someone's personal privacy ( regardless of their almost universal lack of talent and ability to hog the news celebrities are still humans) to see them.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users