Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OTL throwing EOleSysError message - Class not registered

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:00 AM

Hi all!

For the last three months I have been doing some computer housework in order to get rid of spyware, by running many anti-spyware programs mainly hosted on this web site.

I have run several scans and performed research as necessary on www.google.com. All in all I have eliminated some 300-400 threats.

But when trying to run OTL by OldTimer, I unfortunately receive the same error message every time:

"Application Error - Exception EOleSysError in module OTL.exe at 000584A5 - Class not registered."

My OS is Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3.

In an attempt to resolve this problem on my own, I have already tried the following:

Downloading the program with a modified name, from alternate mirror, AdwCleaner, aswMBR, catchme, CKScanner, DDS, Doug Knox' EXE-Fix, Dr.Web Cure-It, FixExec, FRST, Farbar Service Scanner, Farbar GrantPerms, GMER, GiveMePower, herdProtect, HiJackThis, HitmanPro, JRT, Farbar ListParts, LSP-Fix, MBAM, McAfee Stinger, Farbar MiniToolBox, Norman Malware Cleaner, OTH, Panda Cloud Anti-virus, RSIT, RKill, RogueKiller, Rooter, Runscanner, SecurityCheck, Silent Runners, Sophos Virus Removal Tool, SUPERAntiSpyware, SystemLook, TDSSKiller, Vba32 AntiRootkit, VIPRE Rescue Scanner, running the program from a VisualBasic Script, downloaded several Delphi Run-time environment files, but unfortunately all these without any luck.

Could you please advice on this?

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards,

midimusicman79

Edited by midimusicman79, 07 September 2014 - 02:30 AM.

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:25 AM

Hello .

I am sorry that the link at this site for OTL by Old Timer seems to be not correct, but I do (and just did) use it. We try to list the latest updated versions of his tools.

Old Timers Tools are generally hosted at Geeks to Go forum

This is their official guide on the program -

OTL Tutorial - How to use OldTimer ListIt 

Regards -

I Cancelled my EXTRA as it seems that you do not wish to get help from our Experts.

Edited by noknojon, 07 September 2014 - 02:31 AM.

#3 midimusicman79

midimusicman79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:10 AM

Hi again, noknojon.

I Cancelled my EXTRA as it seems that you do not wish to get help from our Experts.

Thanks for a prompt reply, but sir, with all do respect, I do need help from your experts. I apologize, however I was just updating my post with some more anti-spyware programs that I forgot to include.

Regards,

midimusicman79

Edited by midimusicman79, 07 September 2014 - 03:27 AM.

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:40 AM

Hi

You did need to "Follow" the topic and reply to the link that our site robot sends out -

It has responded twice, and you have (up to 10 minutes ago) not responded !!!!!!!!  Why ????

#5 midimusicman79

midimusicman79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:52 AM

Hi.

Please forgive me, but I am a newbie here, and therefore I simply misunderstood the need for replying via the email link. I thought it was enough to reply directly on the Web. Okay, my fault indeed, but I guess this is a learning experience for me. Also, English is not my first language, I am from Norway. And BTW, I am sorry to be such a bother.

But I still need help from your experts. I cannot figure this out on my own. That is why I have posted on the forum about this problem.

Please suggest some other anti-spyware program(s) that I can try to run in order to fix the error message. I am out of ideas.

Regards,

midimusicman79

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:15 AM

Note that nobody is upset with you, please just try to follow the topic a bit closer, and do not adjust your computer while you wait for a reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539683/i-am-infected-with-truesight-and-axinteropwbocxlib-please-help/#entry3411379
Above is a link to your topic, it has not yet been locked, so please try to read and follow it

Thank You. :)

#7 midimusicman79

midimusicman79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:31 AM

Hi again.

As for my previous post on July, 02, I was able to create a fixlist.txt on my own and then ran FRST, which repaired both infections along with lots of other spyware. I have read the tutorial for FRST, and learned how to use it.

On the other hand my computer still runs slowly, which continually remains another problem, although given my computer's age of nine years, I think I can live with it. Besides, I am going to buy a new computer in approximately a year.

I have also subsequently managed to solve the problem with my WLAN having trouble initializing, while running all the 34 anti-spyware programs mentioned in the list at the beginning of this topic.

But; what about my concern this time;

When trying to run OTL by OldTimer, I unfortunately receive the same error message every time:

"Application Error - Exception EOleSysError in module OTL.exe at 000584A5 - Class not registered."

Any help with this?

BTW, just to clearify, I am not having any trouble downloading OTL, just with running it.

Regards,

midimusicman79

Edited by midimusicman79, 07 September 2014 - 09:35 AM.

#8 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:15 PM

Hello -

That tool is only for use in the section you posted to, and not here.

Running OTL is not for those who do not know what they are doing, and the tool will not fix aything by just downloading it.

If an Expert wishes to reply, then it is up to them. I do not wish to go beyond the links that I have left for you .................

Regards -

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:46 PM

Hi all!

A few days ago my computer suddenly started to run significantly slower than usual for no apparent reason, so I searched Google for a possible answer, thinking this could likely be some sort of malware. I then found your malware forum site, and started reading about the subject.

Besides, my WLAN is having trouble initializing.

Below is a DDS.log and a FRST.log along with a Addition.log, could You please help create a fixlist.txt which could solve these infections?

You have stated that you no longer need help with this issue, therefore I am closing this topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

Your previous topic was closed because you did not reply or contact a Moderator. Since it has been a month since you posted and you're still dealing with malware, I suggest you start a new topic in that forum and post an updated DDS log.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users