Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 glebgorkhover

glebgorkhover

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:42 PM

For about two months, my computer started making loud beeping/screaching noises whenever I try to run multiple programs at once. The programs also begin to slow down and freeze. I think the noises are coming from the hard drive but not 100% percent sure. Can someone help me identify from where this problem is coming from and how I can fix it.

Thanks,

Gleb

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:02 PM

Right click drive c, select tools and check the disk for errors. Might want to clean and defragment it first, and backup in case the problem is with the drive.Preferably somewhere other than the drive in question.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users