Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Starting Xp Just Restarts Xp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 enjoy

enjoy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:16 PM

During windows update for service pack 2 near the end of installation i was denied service. now as the computer starts up it will start going get to the operating systems page and then restart itself then the next time not even make it that far. if i start up from the power completely off i can get to the safe mode menu before it restarts but safe mode and last good known configuration just restart the computer again. i dont really have any hopes for retrieving the computer with out reformating it but at this point i dont even know if i can do that and would rather not pay any more money for someone else to reformat it, especially since its was only about a month ago that i had that done and look where i am now. any help would be great.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:26 PM

If this problem is connected to the installation of SP2 Microsoft offers free support. Call them.

Microsoft Security Product Support Policy

Technical support is available from Microsoft Product Support
Services at 1-866-PC SAFETY (1-866-727-2338).

There is no charge for support calls associated with security updates.

International customers can get support from their local Microsoft
subsidiaries. Phone numbers for international support can be found
at: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

#3 enjoy

enjoy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:36 AM

thanks i didnt know that