Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Seeking help, Infected. I highly believe.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Less-on

Less-on

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:07 AM

I've been trying to figure this out on my own. This is very annoying. I'm normally very careful so stuff like this doesn't occur but now that it has its very time consuming. 

So at first I had a infection that was limiting my internet. used my own devices to try and figure the issue out. I ended one issue but there are still others remaining. apparently  I don't know what I'm doing. 

I've probably done harm to my computer but it "seems" fine. 

So if some one will kindly direct me on the chain of commands to right this, I would be very grateful to adhere to a solid process. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LiquidTension

LiquidTension

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

Hello, 

Please begin by concisely describing the exact issues you are currently experiencing. We can go from here. 

Posted Image

#3 Less-on

Less-on
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:40 AM

Initially, I came home from work and my computer seemed fine. I took a nap and woke up.

Suddenly I couldn't access websites, so I ran a common CMD and Netstat. I seen a bunch of weird connections open. Just lingering but they were "Established"

Then I started seeing syn sent messages in the second netstat. Like 30 of them just sitting there doing nothing.

I could use google at the time but it would limit what sites I could go to, and half the time wouldn't load the page.

so I used my phone to search up how to fix whatever it was causing this.  

So I did a something with the dns which freed my internet. I knew the problem wasn't gone. So I ran bitdefender to see if it c could see anything but sadly it was pathetic. Then I ran Adw_cleaner from before when I had an issue deleting a freeware. It found some stuff and I deleted it but then I had a new issue.

Processes and such were bogged down by something. My computer is normally pretty decent at opening things and closing things. It went to a screeching halt opening and closing. 

Then I made some mistakes, I ran Combofix based off several threads I compiled similar symptoms.  It ran its course and then I ran Super anti Spyware, which found some stuff and deleted it(trojan.agent/gen-nullo short) , I ran Malwarebytes rootkit removal based on more thread compiling around the net(it found nothing). And then I got Malwarebytes the actual program, I don't remember the results.

Things seem fine now, but I don't know. 

Edited by Less-on, 07 September 2014 - 01:41 AM.

#4 LiquidTension

LiquidTension

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:33 AM

Hello, 

ComboFix is a powerful first-responder malware removal tool, designed to remove some of the toughest infections; including bootkits, rootkits and backdoors. As stated in the disclaimer, the tool should not be used by someone untrained in its usage. Doing so may cause unforeseen circumstances, and could render your machine unbootable. For more information on why you should not run ComboFix without supervision, please read the following article

Based on the fact you've run various different tools (including ComboFix) and are still unsure of the state of your machine, I recommend you seek help in the Malware Removal forum, where more advanced diagnostic tools are deployed. 

Please follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide For Requesting Help starting at Step 6.

• If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running DDS which will create two logs. (Note: Windows 8.1 Users will not be able run DDS and create a log)

When you have done that, start a new topic and post the required logs to include your ComboFix log in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forumNOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts.
-- ComboFix logs are not permitted in this forum.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic 

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users