Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard VGA out not working HP Pavilion Slimline s7520n PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:27 PM

I bought a used HP Pavilion Slimline s7520n PC and put a brand new 500GB hard drive in it but the motherboard VGA connector on it is not working! nothing on any monitor! if the computer is left one for even just a few minutes, the power button won't turn the machine off. and feels like the button is loose (when it is not). I was wondering if somebody can help me fix this. put $80 into this machine already

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aerys

Aerys

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:06 PM

Are there any other video-out ports on the computer you could try? Have you tried different VGA cables and monitors to be sure its not one of those at fault? If just the port is faulty then you could get a cheap graphics card to use, if the motherboard itself is faulty then you could get a new one, but it doesn't really sound worth it to me. Also, if the hard drive is new, are you inserting any OS media to install onto it? Like a Windows disk/USB.

He said the same thing he had been saying for hours... "burn them all".

-Jaime Lannister

Feel free to add me on Skype for help or to chat; lolballinn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users