Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Novice Pc User Needs Help Loading Game!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bazookabillyishere

bazookabillyishere

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:17 PM

Hi,.right, ive had my pc a while,.have tried to launch various games which havent worked,.and until now ive just put them to one side,.or took them back to the shop and got my money back,..and giving up playing them,.........anyway,.ive got Panzer Elite Action game,..and really want to play it,.but guess wat,.it doesnt work,..so after emailing them,and getting no reply,.iv turned to you guys on here which i only found tonight after surfing,......anyway,.imjust going to list what ive got,.and then what it requires,.and hopefully someone can tell me what i need to do to get this flippin game to work!! :thumbsup:

right,.ive got Windows XP home edition,..dell dimension 3000,.intel celeron cpu 2.66ghz,.direct x 9.0,.....intel 82865G Graphics Controller,..SoundMAX Audio

The game needs 3D Direct x 8 or more,..(is this what ive got???),....Direct X 9.0 compatible soundcard with 3D support,...hard drive with 1.5 GB free space

any help would be greatly appreciated cuz im pulling my hair out here!lol,..thanks

calibra146athotmaildotcom,...in case its easier to tell me in chat rather than written on here.

Mod Edit: email altered with at and dot to foil spambots ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 06 June 2006 - 05:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheYoda

TheYoda

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:49 PM

Well I can tell you right out, the problem is that you need a new graphics card. Back in the day (way back) when I was also a novice I was presented with the same issue. Right now your probably running about 11MB ot something low and insignificant. Your best bet would be to get a PCI 64MB or 128MB video card. The best would be to get ATI-based technology. This is the only problem I can see that you'd have with running a game. Everything else seems to be fine. If you have any other issues, be sure to tell us.

Also, How much RAM do you have? How much is required?
(Find it by going to Start -> All Programs -> Accesories -> System Tools -> System Information and it will display the basics of your computer, which will include your RAM.)

Edited by TheYoda, 06 June 2006 - 04:57 PM.

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

Fold for your future...Help us find a cure.

#3 rolling2live

rolling2live

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:09 PM

Yeah, that definately sounds like a video card problem. and also, what happens when you try to play the game? does it freeze up? error message? if so let us know what it says.

#4 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,735 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:46 PM

Unfortunately, the Dimension 3000 is an entry level machine and uses integrated video (64 Meg). Modern games need a moderately fast video card with at least 128 meg of memory. The machine does not even have an AGP slot to install a video card, and I don't think there are too many decent PCI video cards out there.

In addition, being entry level, the machine probable has 128 or perhaps 256 meg of system memory. This is enough for some games, but others require 512 meg or even 1 gig of system memory.

Dimension 3000 documentation

If you want to play modern games, you may want to consider a higher level machine.

Edited by ddeerrff, 06 June 2006 - 10:47 PM.

Derfram
~~~~~~

#5 TheYoda

TheYoda

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:48 PM

Ddeerrff makes a good point, but I found a 256MB and 128MB PCI card as well as memory to fit your system, unless you want a whole new system. If not here are the links:
256MB Video Card
128MB Video Card
512 RAM
or This one for RAM (memory). I suggest the first one for better performance, but the second is a little more budget friendly. The 128MB video card is about $50 and the 256MB is $51 (after rebate, before it's about $67). If you want a custom built system, we can talk (I build computers for a living). My email is piicklemaster21ATaolDOTcom. Hope I could help. :thumbsup:

Edited by TheYoda, 09 June 2006 - 09:49 PM.

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

Fold for your future...Help us find a cure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users