Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RescueME free Virus Removal

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 25 November 2004 - 06:38 AM

RescueME

Any questions please post them here

Run RescueME.bat after extracting the contents.

RescueME is a bat file that gives the user options to secure their PC, remove virus's and recover data. I hope this will help most user's rectify problems themselves with minimum fuss.

The main menu options are as follows:

Scan for Virus's (Use AntiVir, McAfee Stinger, Trend Micro Sysclean, Sophos Sav32Cli)
Install AntiVirus Sofware (AntiVir, Avast - AVG and ClamWin may be included at later date)
Install Firewall (Zone Alarm, Sygate, Kerio, SecurePoint, Softperfect,
Filescab)
Install Spyware Removers (Spybot, Adaware)
Recover Deleted Files (Restoration)

All the user needs to do is follow the on screen prompts until any of the GUI's appear.

The only software included is Restoration for file recovery, download and unzip are just used by the bat file, all other software must be downloaded by the user, all the downloads are freeware (mostly limited to Home Use).

I will probably add the ability to install file recovery software at later date.

It's a 350kb download which means it's ultra portable will fit on a floppy, although you can't run it from there it would need copying to the hdd. You can run it from a usb flash drive providing you had sufficient room to extract the need files (probably min drive size of about 256mb, maybe as low as 128mb, if you had all the software stored).

This is my first release so I've more than likely goofed somewhere in the bat file, so any feedback is welcome.

As far as I'm aware the bat file should run on Win95, 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP but I've not tested it, whether the software will install on the older OS I don't know.

Some of the download links are likely to change which means at some point they will need updating, keep your eyes peeled for updated versions of RescueME.

Edited by stidyup, 25 November 2004 - 06:39 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,617 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 26 November 2004 - 02:08 AM

This is actually a cool app so I am leaving it up. Please contact me in the future when making these types of posts that promote your software as some of the mods here may construe it as spamming

#3 stidyup

stidyup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2004 - 05:18 AM

@Grinler

Sorry, wasn't trying to upset anyone.

Thanks for your approval. :thumbsup:

#4 stidyup

stidyup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:50 AM

I've just updated RescueME to V1.3

V1.3
Added
Install A2 Trojan Scanner
Install CWS Shredder
Run KillBox *** ONLY USE IF you know what you are doing ***
If CWS Shredder, Spybot Adaware not running - RUN THIS Utility
Install Spyware Blaster
Install Spyware Guard
Added FreeUndelete File recovery software

#5 stidyup

stidyup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2004 - 08:40 AM

RescueME has just been updated.

Added ability to defrag hdd with dirms.

Plus install ewido security suite.

#6 stidyup

stidyup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2004 - 05:45 AM

RescueME V1.33

RescueME has been updated V1.33.

You can now select any drive to defrag with dirms, plus you can also use any these dirms defrag option.

dirms c -q : Do free space evaluation, defragment, and quickly move files to the front of the drive
dirms c DEFRAG -q : Defragment files only
dirms c CoMpAcT -q : C ompact only
dirms c COMFRAG -q : Perform partial compaction (quickly) on all fragmented files
dirms c move date -q : Move files according to modification dates, and do it quickly
dirms c move lcn : Try to free space at the bottom of the drive (moves files toward the front of the drive

#7 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 16 December 2004 - 06:23 PM

:flowers: My white hat is off to ya' bud. I can only say at the moment, I appreciate any and all efforts in the directions you obviously are goin'. In due time I suspect I'll understand more of what's behind the site's generous offerrings. Until then, MORE POWER TO YOU, stidyup.

As the ole cowboys used say: "Git along ya' doggies..heyah! Head 'em up, and move 'em out!" Nowadays the roundup before slaughter outter be mala'ware. IMHO. :thumbsup:

Edited by phawgg, 16 December 2004 - 06:24 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#8 stidyup

stidyup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2004 - 03:47 AM

Hi phawgg

If you've not already found this I'd suggest you also check out the ubcd4win which also offers some very good tools and is does more than rescueME.

Glad you liked the site. :thumbsup:

Edited by stidyup, 17 December 2004 - 03:48 AM.

#9 stidyup

stidyup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:32 AM

V1.4 has now been released.

I've updated the link for AVG7, plus added the ability to install CCleaner and run RoadKil's diskimage so you can now make backup images of your hdd. I hope to add the ability to run some more free backup software over the coming weeks.

#10 stidyup

stidyup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2005 - 04:23 AM

Updated to V1.41

Added power defragmenter (win 2k/xp only)
Updated dirms.bat which is included in the folder
Corrected a error on the dirms script.

#11 stidyup

stidyup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:32 AM

RescueME has just been updated, the FTP site for sysclean is either down or been moved. I've now found another Trend FTP site where the latest updates can be downloaded from.

Please update to the latest version of RescueME.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users