Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse freezes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jsallen

jsallen

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:18 AM

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium on an Intel DP67BG motherboard, I7-3770 processor, NVidia GTX650 graphics adapter. My USB mouse at first works OK then after a few minutes lags over clickable spots on the screen, finally freezes. This has been happening for a couple days now. System restore to before the time the problem started didn't cure the problem. Sometimes unplugging the mouse and plugging it back in gets it working again, sometimes not. Looking at the stability history in the Control panel, I see that daemonu.exe (NVidia update checker) has stopped working a few times. I already have Speccy and it doesn't show anything unusual. This happens when the computer is running at low CPU usage and low temperature. Suggestions?

Edited by jsallen, 05 September 2014 - 09:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jsallen

jsallen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:37 AM

Bad mouse driver? I had tried a different mouse before and it had the same problem but this time I tried a third mouse and it installed a new driver. Now no problems for 15 minutes except that Firefox lost all its tabs and history in the system restore. I had backed up the sessionstore.js file but I'm not sure how to re-link it. Restore Session tab in Firefox is grayed out. I'll start another thread about that.

Edited by jsallen, 05 September 2014 - 10:22 AM.

#3 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:21 PM

For FF, open the Bookmarks tab and hit "Show all Bookmarks".

On the subsequent window you'll see an "Import & Backup" option and from there, you'll be able to restore the json file.

Are you quite confident that you're experiencing a mouse problem, as opposed to a generalized slowdown that manifests itself by freezing up the cursor?

Does the computer feel unusually slow?

All is well in Paradise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users