Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why does my touch scrolling suddenly resize and keystrokes turn to functions.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 driz

driz

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:18 AM

I have Win 8 on a HP Envy.   I already found out about the sudden jumping to prior part of sentence / paragraph issues with the scroll functions of this machine.    With that happiness in mind and no cure to be found I wonder why my machine doe this new trick.  

I know you can move the screen around like a cell phone, fine and dandy.   What seems to happen is somewhere out of the blue (and ocurring more frequently ) if I try to move it via scrolling in any way other than the right side scroll bar the screen goes larger and smaller.  At the same time if I try to type anything in a search box each key acts as a function instead of a letter.    The only solution is to restart and it goes away for a while.    Could this be an unintended key I am striking or is it yet another problem relating to the scroll function of this computer series / win 8 program?   It hasn't done it since I bought it in Dec 2013 but seems to be happening more and more often.    Thanks .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:28 AM

It actually does sound like you're striking a key.

I've had the keyboard go whacky as you describe and always found it easier and faster to reboot it, than to figure out which key it is that I keep hitting.

I imagine that the "guilty" key is what is also affecting the scroll too.

All is well in Paradise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users