Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

errors on site

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 what the hell!

what the hell!

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:06 AM

I have not been on here for some time so managed to update my e-mail address but couldn't edit my profile as it keeps giving me an error; oops.. wrong format. I also tried e-mailing the admimistrator but the e-mail was returned saying the admin address does not exist:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain bleepingcomputer.com by aspmx.l.google.com. [2001:4860:400b:c01::1a].

The error that the other server returned was:
550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

What email address was it?

#3 what the hell!

what the hell!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:21 AM

bleep@bleepingcomputer.com

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

That is not a valid Bleeping Computer contact email address. Please use this link to contact the site administration/owner. Our apologies for the confusion.

That link can be found in the site legend at the very bottom of the web page where it says 'Contact Us'.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 what the hell!

what the hell!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:47 PM

Well it is a link on your web site which says contact the community administrator and appears here after clicking save changes : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=profileinfo

Edited by what the hell!, 07 September 2014 - 03:49 PM.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:41 PM

I'll contact the site owner and let him know.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:51 PM

Are you still having this issue where you get that message when you click save? If so, can you click save again and copy and paste the exact error it displays so I can track down the message?

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:55 PM

Found it and fixed it. Will show the link to the contact form going forward.

Thanks!

#9 what the hell!

what the hell!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:27 PM

Still unable to edit profile at this time, but I am in communication with someone on this site via e-mail re this problem having reported it by the contact link at bottom of page as advised.

#10 samtex1

samtex1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:28 AM

I passed through the lost password/change pw three times and after being assigned a temp pw I was in.  When I logged out and logged back in the cryptic pw assigned would not enable me to log in from fresh start.  So I started over with the lost password method again. After successfully  logging in I was never successful in changing my password so I set up a new account with new email address out of frustration!

In these attempts to change pw..

(I copied and pasted all necessary responses.)  

I went through the process of attempting to change pw three times and out of frustration I simply created a new account.  I do not intend to change pw on new account or I will be sent through the "do loop" again.  I would be interested to know if the pw change page has been tested lately!

#11 what the hell!

what the hell!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:55 PM

My personal profile update problem was fixed by the site owner after private correspondence. I suggest you make direct contact using the contact link at bottom of this page and report it quoting your details and exact steps you were taking at the time. Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users