Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer showing its constantly busy.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SteciM

SteciM

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:42 AM

Next to the courser the little circle showing the computer is busy doing something constantly. so when i do want to do something, it takes forever. when it does make it to where i need to go it more times than not says program not responding. I'm running windows 8. I've tried several things such as cleaned out all unnecessary junk oh and i did a restore to an earlier date. as you can tell, I really don't know what I'm doing. my son needs this PC for college please help. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:49 AM

You may think that you don't know what you're doing, but you analyzed the problem perfectly.

It's busy doing something all the time and "that something" is clearly unwanted.

There may be too many unnecessary programs running in the background, or it might be a bunch of virus/malware, or a combination of the two.

If you open the task manager and hit the performance tab, how many processes are running (see bottom of the Task Manager)?

Do you have any evidence of a virus or malware, such as popups, or changed homepages or search engines in your internet browsers?

If time is of the essence, you could start by scanning with free Malwarebytes and Superantispyware (be careful to not accept the trial versions on both) and see if you find anything, and if you do, follow the instructions to remove them.

All is well in Paradise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users