Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Skype Audio Issues When Screen Sharing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sean999

sean999

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:32 AM

I’m using a new laptop (Lenovo Z50) with Windows 8.1. I am trying to use the sharing screen option on Skype to simultaneously watch a video with someone. I am playing the video on my laptop. The other person cannot hear the audio. She can see the video fine. I can see the video and hear the audio on my laptop fine. The problem is the transfer of audio to her computer from my laptop via Skype.

I have been trying to google a solution. It is possible that the problem MAY be related to my new laptop not having a “Stereo Mix” sound option.  My new laptop has “Conexant SmartAudio HD.”  There are no other sound options for my current laptop, and I have enabled “show disabled options” in the Control Panel to be sure.

Please help me before I go insane.

Edited by sean999, 05 September 2014 - 02:34 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sean999

sean999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:54 AM

Looking around online, I am not the only person with this problem. Skype needs to come up with an easily applied solution or else its screen sharing option is simply rendered useless. And if the fix isn't easy, then a very thorough step-by-step set of instructions needs to be supplied (we are not all comp sci engineers).

Edited by sean999, 05 September 2014 - 11:57 AM.

#3 sean999

sean999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:49 PM

For those interested, these links offer greater description of the issue and perhaps offer POTENTIAL solutions to the problems. Unfortunately, I don't know that I am computer literate enough to implement these potential fixes myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users