Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

malware on google

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lbrts

lbrts

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:55 PM

when I first started downloading google to my second computer I kept getting google in Spanish, so I blog google post and after a few weeks I was able to download google in English however it wasn't google it was ask or trivia, again I sent google 2 e-mails a couple of posts and a month later still not able to download the real google, tried everything other links, defrag ect, ect. does google really act on the complaints, I've given up and will not attempt to try and download google anymore each time I did at least 3 I had to go back to default to make sure there were no further malware on the computer, now i'm going to hook up my 2nd computer to first and ok computer and transfer files, didn't want to do that, but no choice.

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:06 AM

Are you talking about Google Chrome? Chrome is a browser- if you download it from a third party website you will get included search engines like Ask.com and things like Trivia .com . Make sure you download the browser from a Google site. Google is a search engine and not a browser so that is probably why you are confused--https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95346?hl=en go to this ling to get google Chrome!

#3 lbrts

lbrts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:32 AM

Title was: google chrome malware

i received a partial answer to my ques about not being able to download google chrome as google chrome, because i keept getting another browser or search engine. i was given a link to download google chrome, i was dubious but i gave it a try and sure enough when it downloaded it look like google chrome but it wasn't and up came the warning exit pop up.  so i'm back to square one, but that will be my last attempt to download google chrome. 

my real ques was does google do anything about these malware problems when they are reported, it's has been a month since my first complaint, my last complaint was 2 e-mails and a post on the webmasters web site.  has anyone had a problem with google web site and reported it with no results from google

Edited by Orange Blossom, 06 September 2014 - 02:54 PM.
Merged topics. ~ OB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users