Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Help with PC Auto Restarting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dRew.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:22 PM

I hope someone would be able to help me. I'm having problems with my PC and I'm not sure what's going on. Whenever I'm doing something, my computer randomly restart without any notification and I don't know why. When I see my event logs, I cant even understand what it meant. It's quite irritating, whenever I'm playing games or doing some office work it just randomly turn off the CPU then restart again. Hope someone could help me. Thank you.

- System
    - Provider
      [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-UserModePowerService       [ Guid] {CE8DEE0B-D539-4000-B0F8-77BED049C590}
      EventID 12       Version 0       Level 4       Task 10       Opcode 0       Keywords 0x4000000000000000     - TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2014-09-05T02:53:17.935087500Z
      EventRecordID 11032       Correlation     - Execution
      [ ProcessID] 780       [ ThreadID] 2488
      Channel System
- EventData
    ProcessPath C:\Windows\SysWOW64\powercfg.exe     ProcessPid 5028     OldSchemeGuid {381B4222-F694-41F0-9685-FF5BB260DF2E}     NewSchemeGuid {381B4222-F694-41F0-9685-FF5BB260DF2E}

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:40 AM

The first thing to check is the temperature.

If you don't already have a program to do so, you can download CPUID's Hardware Monitor.

If you see abnormally high temps, like over 70c, then you may have an overheating issue.

Let us know the results.

All is well in Paradise.

#3 dRew.

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:10 AM

I downloaded the program and I think the results are fine. No temps reach 70c but what's happening is like it shutdown itself then restart. I tried to open a game and check for the temps and is still the same but it still shut down my system and turns on by itself.

All the Temperatures are ranging from

Core #0-38-45c

Core #1-38-45c

Core #2-38-45c

Core #3-38-45c

My PC Specs are

Windows 8 64 bit

Intel Core i5 3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.20 GHz

Installed Ram

Saphhire HD 7850

Im not that good when in comes to troubleshooting computers so thank you so much for you help.

#4 rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:48 AM

You are 100% correct that those temps are great and overheating is definitely not your problem.

The problem is that overheating is an easy problem to find and cure.

Now, the sky's the limit.

It could be a driver, malware, a virus, file corruption, a certain program running in the background, etc.

When did the problem start?

If it's recent, you might be able to get around it with a System Restore.

Edited by rockysosua, 06 September 2014 - 08:49 AM.

All is well in Paradise.

#5 dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,158 posts
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:19 AM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.
When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.
Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.
The following screen will appear, click on Yes.
The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.
In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files
Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users