Yesterday I contacted Adobe support online because I changed computers and tried to transfer my Acrobat X program but it will not load and gave me a message to contact support and give them the code 231:19. The person requested permission to access my computer to help with the problem and I felt this was OK because I had contacted them and felt I was communicating with Adobe. After a few minutes "Lisa" sent a message saying she was transferring me to a technician to fix my problems and she wanted my phone number. I then received a call from someone who was looking at my computer and finding all the problems. He said I had been hacked and that I had numerous Trojans and malware and someone had access to my computer. He said he could not fix the problems but he would transfer me to a technician that would fix everything using Microsoft programs and it would cost me $399. He then transferred me to a level 92 technician who I could barely understand and who said he was fixing my problems. He was with Dial-portsolutions. At that point I didn't feel comfortable and told him I was closing his connection to my computer but he didn't seem to want to allow me to control the mouse so I turned off the power to kill the computer.
I have Trend-Micro client/Server Security Agent on all computers in the office. We have a ZyXel Zywall security gateway and I have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware running on my computer, so I was surprised that he was finding so many problems.
My question, is it normal for a company like Adobe to transfer me to an independent company to fix my problem, or was I maybe not actually communicating with Adobe in the first place when I thought I was on their website communicating with their employee. Thanks for any insite you can give me.
Edited by hamluis, 04 September 2014 - 01:55 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.