Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My IP is blacklisted because of possible trojan infection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Peter78

Peter78

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:45 AM

Today i decided to use mirc and for my surprise i was banned automatically of accessing some channels because my IP was blacklisted at cbl.abuseat.org. I decided to check my IP address in this site and why it is blacklisted and this is what i get as a report:

http://pastebin.com/KYrRCJEp

I scanned my PC with few standalone scanners but they didn't report anything suspicious.  I also remember that around the time my IP was blacklisted according to the report i started getting an error for missing npptools.dll file. I have a program that monitor my traffic - Networx, which starts with Windows, and during that time the program started giving me this error message and before that i didn't get this error. I don't know if this can be related. I did a search for npptools.dll file but i didn't find it in my system.

Can someone tell me is there a reason to wary? From what i saw in the report this type of treats can not be detected by antivirus programs.

I will appreciate any advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Linettelindholm

Linettelindholm

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:56 PM

Hey there, Peter78!

Try doing the follow: Open up cmd and then type "ipconfig /release" and hit enter after that you type in ipconfig /renew

I hope it helped you :)

Linette

#3 Peter78

Peter78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:08 AM

I used the site that have blacklisted my IP address and whitelisted it manually and so far it appear clean, though i don't know how it got blacklisted on first place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users