Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello from PowerCAD

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PowerCAD

PowerCAD

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:16 AM

Hello,

I run a small Drafting Services business and computer issues are my biggest overhead. I run Autodesk Civil Infrastructure Design Suite which comes with a ton of intense computer sucking software.  My main daily softwares that I use are; MS Outlook 2013, Bluebeam Revu Ver 12.1.0, Autodesk Civil 3D 2015 and right now i'm using Chrome for my browser.   I'm trying to learn and understand more about virus, malware and the such after my website has been hacked twice (Site is still down) and now it looks like another virus had entered my computer.  I've looked around a few of the topics and have been very impressed with the thorough responses.

I believe that I had the virus that shows up as “An Install of Flash Player Pro is Recommended” pop-up ad.  after reading thru this post http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/447651/fake-adobe-flash-player-installer-and-redirect-virus/ I've started a new topic at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/546848/an-install-of-flash-player-pro-is-recommended-pop-up-ad/ regarding issues above.

my 1st two questions are:

1.  is the NWIZ that shows up in the startup menu and says unknown manufacturer a virus?

2.  Do you have any recommendations on anti-virus/anti-malware software... free and paid?  I currently use Advanced system care ultimate

Edited by PowerCAD, 04 September 2014 - 03:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users