Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Starliteny

Starliteny

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:04 AM

I noticed I can no longer remove malware for free with Malwarebytes. Is there another program like it available for free?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrei_Vas

Andrei_Vas

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:53 AM

Nothing has been changed with the way Malwarebytes Free edition operates.  Detection and removal are free as always.  

If you have a problem with the program failing to operate correctly, try a fresh install. If the issue persists, ask for support on the official MB forum.

#3 Starliteny

Starliteny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:49 AM

Thank you, I figured it out, they must have changed it.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,482 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:39 AM

What does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 mean for me?

Does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium (v2.0) replace Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro (v1.75)?
What's new with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0?
Will you continue supporting my Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75?
Why is Malwarebytes now charging an annual license fee for its products?
I have a lifetime license, am I still covered?
Can I buy a lifetime license of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium?
How many computers will one license of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium cover?
Is there a free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0?
Can I update my Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to 2.0 now?
I've lost my key/ID, how can I get it again?
How do I report a bug?
How does 2.0 affect business customers (MEE and MSB)?

When you're having issues with Malwarebytes, one of the solutions generally suggested by the Help Desk to try first is to uninstall/reinstall as follows:
* How to fully Uninstall/Reinstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 Guest_Chuck racer_*

Guest_Chuck racer_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

I noticed I can no longer remove malware for free with Malwarebytes. Is there another program like it available for free?

Try Malwarebytes-Chamleon ( free edition ) this is what I got, I run a scan daily and also got Malwarebytes Anti Root Kit ( Beta ) it,s free edition, I run it 1 time a week. I got ADWcleaner from Bleeping Computers, I run 1 time a week.

I watch computer tutorials, all the time. Theres lots of fakes everything out there. Fake, Adobe Flash Player, AVG 2011 you can watch that on You Tube. An internet tech is demonstrating that. In You Tube, search ( messin with fake AVG 2011 ) the only freeware site I go to is ( snap files ) from experience I have learn other freeware sites have many virus,s. And stay away from CNet, no virus,s but a lot of add on crap ware. Thank,s Chuck

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,482 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:13 PM

Malwarebytes Chameleon Technology is a feature which deals with malware that targets Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security tools to keep them from running properly. Chameleon includes renamed versions/file extensions of the tool that can be used when the normal .exe file is blocked from running by the malware. Chameleon is embedded with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0, and the driver will automatically load if you use the Self protection settings in Advanced Settings.

Antirootkit technology in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 is identical to that of MBAMAntiRootkit (mbar)...it is also integrated into Malwarebytes Anti-Malware's scanner (under Detection Settings) but it is not enabled by default.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users