Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Running .ISO file from USB flash drive. Visual Studio 2013

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:32 PM

To all,

I know I am just looking at it wrong, but I am in college and have a Microsoft Dreamspark account.  Dreamspark allows you to get all types of software for classes, such as devolper tools, Visual Studio, Win Server etc.

The program launches a secure download client, a mini type of filezilla, and down loads a folder with a .ISO file in it.

Now usually I just double click it and burn it to a DVD. 

Start the DVD and issue solved.  But this .ISO is 6.87GB, over the 4.3GB limit of DVDs (standard ones that is).  Dont see a option using USB Easy 123 for this, and the stupid Windows 7 USB DVD download tool states the ".iso file is not vaild" 

So either my .iso is crap, or I need someone out there to thow a program name out that will auto boot this to the USB stick.  I got work to do.

thanks in advance

CZ

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 czarboom

czarboom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:57 PM

UPDATE:

So again I answered my own question.  In Windows 7 & higher, you dont need a converter tool, all you need is a compression tool like 7zip, or WinRaw, or whatever.  You can get 7zip under downloads here at B.C.

So if you have a .ISO or .IMG file.  Open 7zip after you down load it, browse inside 7zip to the .iso file, and double click on it. 

Boom, you will get all the packaged files in it.  Run the .exe installer and on my way to DOING VB.... Nooooooooo

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#3 hedgeley

hedgeley

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:45 AM

Hi CZ.

I didn't know you could compress ISO's(Every day is a school day)

Just a follow up question can you compress boot-able ISO's? (if you don't know,I suppose I could always try for myself,just being lazy)

Thanks

Hedge 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users