Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

See the new NoPhone...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:46 PM

Excellent new device for the security conscious and mobile-dependent.

http://www.nophone.eu/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,727 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:54 PM

Great idea, Now I can get mugged for a bit of plastic that looks like a phone. Oh well I guess I can always throw it at the mugger.

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:00 PM

Special Features:

Battery free
No upgrades necessary
Shatterproof
Waterproof

:lmao:

#4 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,727 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:12 PM

Yes and with all those special features I bet my daughter still manages to rack up a huge phone bill.

#5 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 980 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:15 AM

And here I come, rambling along and click on the link.    :crazy:

That is hilarious. I love the Testimonials.

And check out the kickstarter page for the rewards info for Pledging.

I’m thinking about pre-ordering so I can get the NoPhone Selfie Upgrade. It states that I'll be able to "add a verbal hashtag by syncing my brain with my vocal cords".

Technology sure has come a long way...

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#6 jimbotoo

jimbotoo

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:27 PM

Hello Mate  :hello:

Its little surprise you posted this, has your style all over it.

It also contains some very important tricks to find out what folks are really made of inside.

Any therapist will tell you, the larger portion of mental illness's contains a complete inability to to just simply do nothing and be content.

Living in the moment as it is called, just simply watch a tree blow for 2 hours in the wind or let the mind wonder around it self and still have a sense of inner peace.

Once I lived in a townhouse with too full blown neurotic's I had the masterbedroom with balcony and huge bath, they would want to come in my room for diverson from "them Selve's" I would be burning a candle, looking out the night window, they would want to chat, every time they said something i would respond with a "closing" remark.

They would have to come up with something else to "nervious talk" about and i would make a closing remark.

Silence simply made them uncomfortable and the candle made it worse.

They ran from it, as every time it got quiet, years of undelt with junk between their ears would begin to haunt them.

So one day I am confronted in the kitchen by both and they want to know what i am taking, pills Etc,

"well you must be on something cause two or three nights a week you just set up there like a zombie"

I told them often i was thinking about the past, a book i just read, events in history, trying to forgive someone, or how much i now realized i had loved someone i have not seen in years.

"Well some times you take only one drink in the room and pass out before it is half drunk" I said yea i forget to finish it and fall asleep, it's a nice sleep, i am not racing to get to bed from being busy, going from a 100 miles per hour to the pillow.

So one of these guys decides he is gonna "Catch me" and visit often and say nothing and watch me, as summer came i sat on the balcony by candle light, he sat from 7 in the evening till 2 in the morning once. he chated for a long while till he ran out of chat, started looking off, I tell him to nottice how the tree swaying looks like seaweed moving underwater

whole  hour goes by and he says, I feel funny, but i like it, then says  i have never felt so satisfied, i feel like my body is gone.

now he almost won't speak, after a while says damn its 2 o clock, I said yes, listen and you can almost hear the stars sing.

Lol, he says " i know, I have been doing that with my eyes, I did not know you can hear with your eyes"

I said thats because you never slow down to even know yourself. I told him we can also see with our ears, I read him the following story and we have now been friends for over 20 years, named me a godfather of his little girl.

here is what i read him at 2 in the morning, it is short and public domain

hxxp://www.oicqie.com/love_1/Long%20Walk%20to%20Forever.htm

jimbotoo :hello:

Edited by Budapest, 07 January 2015 - 03:53 AM.

#7 saluqi

saluqi

• Members
  • 574 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

. . . and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium blocked that link, saying it was malicious . . .

#8 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 980 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:40 AM

@saluqi - yeah, I got that same block. MBAM not liking that link, at all.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#9 jimbotoo

jimbotoo

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:07 AM

. . . and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium blocked that link, saying it was malicious . . .

@saluqi - yeah, I got that same block. MBAM not liking that link, at all.

Winterland

Gentleman i truly apologize, but that was a Japanese site with zero trackers, which is why i chose it 

this site is a public library svc. again zero trackers,

short story,  but best writing i have seen in such few words

http://www.lib.ru/RAZNOE/long.txt

please mail me ASAP if i ever post a difficulty again :thumbup2:

Edited by jimbotoo, 07 January 2015 - 03:37 AM.

#10 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:53 AM

I'll disable the link.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#11 jimbotoo

jimbotoo

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:17 PM

I'll disable the link.

thank you, Budapest

this second link is public library, http://www.lib.ru/RAZNOE/long.txt

i would hate to see someone miss this story gone public domain, which often means disappeared,

and now back to topic, if folks would realize, many of the things they think they will get from a cell phone are actually in books, private time rest, art and uplifting human relations, this whole "No Phone" post would have no meaning, if not for the fact the phone has become a baby bottle for many who never let go of it.

one of the reasons the author gave the above linked story to public domain was he knew so many needed to be helped by it,

he had a saying, "it's not how good the next computer program is, but how much better you are year to year"

I think the most important fact on this subject is also some of the most important words anyone might ever hear said---

The thing we are searching for, is the same thing we are searching with, our-self.

Cell phones aid the self, but are not the fulfilled self.

jimbotoo

Edited by jimbotoo, 07 January 2015 - 04:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users