Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Installed ATI Driver on laptop (atikmpag.sys)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 capkapalawi

capkapalawi

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:14 PM

I have format my laptop and installed the OS windows 8.1 and updates all the need optional or recommend driver from windows updates and showing blue screen with atikmpag.sys. I also trying all version about my display adapter ATI mobility radeon HD 5470 but still out going under installing the driver and it show blue screen with code error atikmpag.sys. several version also display with blinking and not properly display with the lines error that have gap with it. So in my mind, I think its the hardware problem or something?? I hope u can help me to solved my problem. thank you. I also prepared link for my minidump for checking.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kzodq1qumqpzdd4/090214-17984-01.dmp

http://www.mediafire.com/download/iq5gpr11madt5kh/090314-20968-01.dmp

http://www.mediafire.com/download/s7wt336sxztca3f/090214-23625-01.dmp

http://www.mediafire.com/download/utm1tp1n0i30q7g/090214-28812-01.dmp

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v9vtc5sbp4iljqj/090214-31625-01.dmp

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:17 PM

Have you tried downloading the driver for your model from the manufacturer's website?

All is well in Paradise.

#3 capkapalawi

capkapalawi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:34 AM

yes i have tried it.. and the result also same as the problem.

#4 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:53 AM

What is the make and model of your computer?

What operating system did it come with?

All is well in Paradise.

#5 capkapalawi

capkapalawi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:53 PM

My Model is ASUS X42jr and come with OS Windows 7 64Bit

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:05 PM

The problem is that Asus doesn't provide drivers for this model with Windows 8.1.

I'm guessing that you have tired the Windows 7 64-bit drivers at Asus Support?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

I needed to check to see if Asus had supported 8.1 drivers for your machine, which it does not, so it would be fair to conclude that the problem might stem from that. I've forced drivers into non supported hardware in the past, but it doesn't always work, but I couldn't relate to you all the "crazy" tricks I've used, but there is one that is easy for you to try, if you'd like to.

I'm assuming that you have downloaded several driver versions, so you may make several attempts.

It goes like this. Sometimes, you'll download a driver zipped folder and once you extract it, you are left with several folders and files.

Invariably, you use the "setup" application and the installation begins.

In this case, instead of doing it that way, you'd go to the device manager, uninstall the present driver, and reboot.

After booting back up, you go back to the device manager, click on the properties of the device and follow the path to installing a driver, usually referred to as updating your driver.

You will get a Window that allows you to direct Windows to a particular folder, and that's exactly what you would do, allowing Windows to find what ever files it needs for that component, from one of the Driver folders.

You can go through this procedure with the various drivers you've downloaded, until one of them works properly.

I hope we get lucky..

Let me know how it goes.

All is well in Paradise.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:27 PM

I suspect your best bet would be to call Asus support, explain what you have done, and see what they have to suggest.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users