Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to Disasemble a DELL Inspiron ONE W01B

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brandonmckinnell

brandonmckinnell

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:49 PM

I had a customer come in today to have some data pulled off of her  dead DELL ONE all in one PC. I started to pull all the Plastics off and realized this is not going to be an easy task. Does anyone have any instructions on how to get to the hard drive??

Edited by hamluis, 05 September 2014 - 11:07 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,079 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:01 PM

I think you should probably have a look on YouTube for videos on how to disassemble a similar model (I couldn't see any videos on this model). I've disassembled a similar model before, once you know what needs to be done roughly then it is okay.

Make sure to remove the screws on the bottom half, the cover slides off after that though you will need to push the stand upwards if there is one.

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:02 PM

This may help. It's the service manual for the Dell Inspiron one 19.

#4 brandonmckinnell

brandonmckinnell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:08 PM

Thanks john got it !!

#5 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:01 PM

WARNING, the ALL in One Dell, if its the XPS 18 or 20 in tablet is the hardest thing ever to get back together.  This is the one that is a giant tablet that also has a key board and mouse.

The battery is molded around the compoents inside of the device.  So when you get the back off, getting it back on, is something I watched a close friend at Dell do for about 1 hr in a test of it.  And this guy works high up in the break fix area, not a low level parts tech, but hes a high level tester of all new stuff.

FYI, it rough.

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#6 brandonmckinnell

brandonmckinnell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:04 AM

problem is solved thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users