Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need help with school project

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 buluth

buluth

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:33 PM

HBdL2H8.jpghey guys can you tell me the difference between this 2 photos I mean what is the first one about and whats the second one about? please if you know tell me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:00 AM

How should we know ???

We do not even know the subjects that you refer to .......

#3 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

They are not "about" anything, they are stock images that a journalist might use on an article about anyhting internet or tech related for which there is no relevant subject for a real photograph. If the journalist is writing about cryptography, a new virus, an online scam, a new algorithm, or a new users guide to the world wide web, then they would get an image like one of those and use it as a fancy looking title. there is no image that really suits a concept like cryptography, it is all mathematics, so other than a picture of the researcher involved, tucked low down on the page, that is the only thing a journalist can really use. For viruses,scams and algorithms there is also not much in the way of pictures to provide, a screenshot would be a good thing to show in the article but putting one as the main image looks a bit half-hearted so they tuck it down in a smaller picture on the page and use this generic but meaningless pic for the title image. A second purpose of such generic pictures is to cover for the fact that the journalist has been lazy and not written much by distracting the reader from how little text there really is in the article (be it in a web article or one in a newspaper/magazine). It tells the reader nothing but it is considered more pleasing to the eye than a pure wall of text with no pictures to break it up.This site   http://www.howtogeek.com/     which often provides some pretty good computing articles, shows how pics like these are used, as title images and on links to articles from other sites, useful pics like faces of researchers,screenshots,internal hardware diagrams are tucked further down the page. "google news" also has loads of these type of pics next to articles in it's "technology" section, they are there because there is no relevant pic to show in the link to the various articles. This type of image is used in the same way as "super close ups of the pixels on a screen displaying one character of text" might be, to say the article is about tech and the internet but give no useful info in the process.

If you want to produce images like that, or better, for yourself learn to use "blender" and "GIMP". 

Edited by rp88, 04 September 2014 - 12:45 PM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

Since this is about a school project I suggest that you do your own thinking about the 2 pictures. Develop your own ideas and theories. This way you learn as you do it yourself and find the answers to the questions before you.

In REAL LIFE, you will have to do your own thinking. Now is a good time to start honing your thinking skills.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 04 September 2014 - 04:55 PM.
Adjusted sentence for clarity and moving to General Chat. ~ OB

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,720 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:04 PM

Ooo, those pictures provide an excellent opportunity for a good critical thinking paper.  I've got some ideas along those lines.  In such a project, there are no right or wrong answers.  What teachers/professors look for is whether you back up your opinions or ideas with evidence from the images and good sound interpretation.

~ OB :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

Top image evokes the image of world wide computing. Bottom image does the same with the addition of mobile. Thats what I get. Let me know how I did and if I get a gold star..... :)

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 Aberrant

Aberrant

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:46 AM

For me the top image symbolizes unison using the internet. Allowing countries to be interconnected and united as one. I picture the second image as portability among people being connected across the globe, sharing information throughout the web.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users