Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Green Fields

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KilHakr

KilHakr

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:55 AM

I don't know how else to title it...when I turned the computer on today the text was in green and certain fields were 'drowned out by green' so I can't even see what I'm typing. I was on with Microsoft and they said it sounded like a virus,but I ran their thing,CC Cleaner,and Antimalwarebytes and none found anything malicious. So why is the computer doing this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:09 PM

I would check the monitor for problems...and the video card/chip...to see if it's a graphics problem.  If different monitor does not reflect problem...it's your monitor.  If same problem occurs with different monitor, then it's a system problem.

I'm curious that you had contact with Microsoft and they said that it was malware.  Was this contact telephonic, via forum, or what?

It seems obvious (IMO) that the first thing that should be checked would be the graphics/display hardware...rather than anything else.

Louis

#3 KilHakr

KilHakr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:13 PM

I doubt it's the equipment,I'm thinking more something within the system. As far as Microsoft,I was on chat with 'Miguel' and he sounded somewhat knowledgeable about the problem...it sounded like it actually could have been a virus like they had mentioned,but after I ran all the security things they suggested of course nothing changed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users